Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Firstly, a big thank you and welcome to all my new followers! It's a great impetus to keep on blogging!


The right inside wall of the shabby house is almost completed. I still need to make a decent looking fireplace - I want something a little more whimsical than the one that I originally made. This one looks to stiff - although it may look better with a bit of paint and some embellishments - I'll have to see.......
I wanted to try and imitate pressed ceiling panels on the wall behind the fireplace, so I used some embossed scrapbooking paper, cut into thin strips. I need to age it a little with a light buff of burnt umber oil paint to make the embossing stand out a little - you can't actually see it in the photo.


Here is a close up of the fireplace - I made it out of an old window that was left over from a part works dollhouse - as I said above, I don't really like it, but it will do for now. The "tin plates" are just scrapbooking embellishments, painted with gesso and aged.

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking fireplace! Very clever! I've seen real ones that look just like this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize the following is quite lame
    for most in this world forgetting Jesus...
    yet, we must follow God's Rules:
    who gave U.S. free will? God Almighty.

    Where you going
    at death's hour, earthling?
    If 1-outta-1 bites-the-dust
    and if you dont yet know,
    lemme show you how to wiseabove;

    When our soul leaves our body
    and we riseabove to meet our Maker,
    only four, last things remain:
    death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
    according to the deeds we mortals
    have done in our finite existence:

    Find-out what RCIA is and join.
    Make Your Choice -SAW:
    https://youtu.be/YnVuhY38V1A
    Jesus sez...
    I. love. you.

    Google+: kold_kadavr_ flatliner

    ReplyDelete